Friday, April 13, 2012

Mom-isms

For a little fun I was thinking today of some my commonly used quotes. You know, the sayings my kids will sit around one day and reminisce about. We all have them (mom or not) although I think becoming a mom has given me more reason to create new ones. So here we go:

Never make a happy baby happier. (Best non-spiritual parenting advice ever. Actually come to think of it, it has a spiritual application too...)

You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit. (this is all purpose and works great for flocks of children)

Fair is a place where you win blue ribbons. (a mother of 6 taught me this one- thanks Missy!)

Don't mess with me pork chop! (line out of Groundhog Day. I use it a surprisingly large amount)

Everybody gets to pick. (This is good counseling lingo. And true.)

Chop, chop Pork Chop! (similar to above, but this one is used to hurry people along)

Brush, brush, brush your teeth,brush them every day. If you brush your teeth a lot, they will not decay. (A song I made up to the tune of Row Your Boat that I have always sung to the kids while I brushed their teeth.)


Now we're cooking with grease. (which means something along the lines of, now we're doing this right)

Okay, that's what I can think of for now! What are yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment