Saturday, June 23, 2012

thoughts about thoughts

On Disney channel last night, I heard a kid singing a song about "people who blog about people who blog about other people's blogs." I'm slow on the uptake so I had to talk that one out a minute: "ok, the people write a blog, about other people who write about other people's blogs... wait, wait, wait. The first people are writing about another group...." I got it eventually. Kind of funny, once my head quit hurting. Life Vicarious x3.

There is a lot to see and learn in blog world. There are conventions and on-line classes you can take. That's for the people making money from their blogs, presumably. Then there are tons of educational, inspirational, crafty, yummy and otherwise interesting blogs. Then we have Millinery. I don't really know why I decided to start blogging. One day I just began writing down all these inner conversations I've been having for years with myself. I'm not normally a creature given to bursts of randomness. I am more of a happy little hamster on a wheel. So, I am operating out of my element in this venture. Here is what my 3+ months of blogging has taught me thus far:

Jesus is a part of every aspect of my life, but not always my central focus
my kids dominate large parts of my thinking and doing
everyday mundane moments are not
I often feel torn between working and homemaking
I really enjoy opening up my life to others
there is a deep passion inside me to inspire women to be everything God created them to be
I'm kind of funny
writer's block is frustrating
you can pronounce Millinery better with a british accent
God's word has something to say about everything we face

So, that's my update. I am truly enjoying this little way of sharing life my life with you. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment