Thursday, January 10, 2013

Purge the House Update

Here it is in a nutshell- so far I have decided on 56 items from my home to clear out into our Nicaragua yard sale and it hasn't even been difficult yet. Really. 

I am shocked to be honest, and humbled. What I call normal, most people around the world call excess.  There are so many people who don't even own 56 items and I can part with that many without even feeling it. So, I press on with the purge. I want to live this life unfettered to possessions. I long to have space to allow God to fill with Himself. I desire a single focused life and I am a long way from it. But this is a step in the right direction for me. 56 down, 161 to go. 

Oh, and sorry there is no picture to post with this- I uploaded one of all the stuff on my table, (so you'd know that I'm being honest!) and then my computer has misplaced it into some unknown region of itself. Computers are so weird......

No comments:

Post a Comment