Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baseball Cap to Begin

I must confess I only own one real hat. It's a brown baseball cap with a pink monogram of my initials in the middle. It's cute, but I rarely wear it.

In thinking about a blog, I wanted to write about all the roles women struggle to manage well. I thought about how we have so many metaphorical hats, and I love the idea of walking into a hat shop and seeing all the different hats for all sorts of occasions: fanciful and feathery ones, wide-brimmed sun bonnets for relaxing, practical work related hats, cozy warm winter wear and on and on. A shop like this is called a Millinery. So in part, I want this blog to reflect how all the roles in the life of a woman are important, in their own ways. There are some hats we all wear, others that we may never choose, but can certainly admire. Some hats are fun to put on, some are uncomfortable and unnatural at first and still others, we simply need to practice wearing a bit to get the hang of it. I hope to write about them all through the lens of my personal experiences and from a perspective of one seeking to glorify God in whatever role He places me in.

So, as part of my blogging journey I will be as authentic (as is appropriate) in sharing the highs and lows of my life as a woman, and I'd love for you to share yours with me as well. Kind of like in a millinery, all the women admire, help and coax one another on as each tries on hats. My hope is that we can all encourage each other to wear our hats well- both with confidence and in humility. If there is a particular hat you struggle to keep on, send me a comment and we'll see if we can find some instruction from God's word and wise women around us, on how to handle it. In general, my hope is this blog will be an uplifting and interactive atmosphere for women of all ages and stages.


No comments:

Post a Comment